As part of our commitment to sustainability, it's our pleasure to work with and support our employees, suppliers, partners and local communities.
We receive many requests from fundraisers seeking our help. As much as we'd like to assist everyone, this just isn't possible so our charity policy is to:
- Support Youth Talk through fundraising and awareness raising
- Work with key local partners including the St Albans International Organ Festival
- Partner with Oaklands College's annual Young Chef of the Year Competition
- Help a wide range of local and national charities through gift voucher prize donations (see below)
- Name of benefiting non-profit organisation & charity registration number
- Your name, phone number, date and location of your event
- Purpose that gift vouchers will be used for
- Address that gift vouchers should be posted to
- Whether you require a Lussmanns logo for publicity materials
We are able to support one event each month via our four restaurants in Hertford, St Albans, Harpenden and Hitchin. Priority will be given to events supported by our diners, staff, suppliers or partners, geographically local causes and events that promote sustainability. If you are fundraising for a national charity, please provide a letter of authority.
Please note that we are not able to:
- provide advertising or sponsorship
- support crowdfunding, online auctions, political parties, nursery/school events or trips, sports/recreational clubs (inc. tours or tournaments) and personal appeals on behalf of individuals, including overseas trips
During 2016, we donated £1,524.15 to the Bumblebee Conservation Trust and also supported a diverse range of charitable organisations including:
Home Start St Albans, British Heart Foundation, Marlborough School, Cancer Research, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Prostate Cancer UK, Sustainable St Albans Week, Eastern Legal Support Trust, Scouting UK, Myeloma UK, Hertfordshire Society for the Blind, Rennie Grove, Earthworks, Antartic Heritage Trust, Herts Area Rape Crisis, St Nicholas Primary School, MIND, Luton and Dunstable NICU, Great Ormond Street Hospital, Keech Hospice, The Markyate Panto, Hospice of St Francis, NCT Harpenden, Harry Mootoosamy Charitable Foundation for Pancreatic Cancer, Crohn’s and Colitis, Markyate Village School, National Osteoporosis Society, Isabel Hospice, 1st Letty Green Scout Group, Mount Vernon Hospital, Alzheimer's Society, Motor Neurone Disease Association, Macmillan Cancer Support, Herts Jazz Festival, North Herts Centre for Volunteering, The Brain Tumour Charity, The Secret Garden, Hitchin Food and Wine Festival, The Garden House Hospice Letchworth, Children in Need and St Ippolyts Parish Hall
During 2015, we supported Age UK, Amici Voices, Barnet & Watford General Hospital Neo Natal units, Breast Cancer Care, The Breast Clinic at the QEII Hospital, British Heart Foundation, Chai Cancer Care, Colitis & Crohn's Disease, David Shepherd Wildlife Foundation, Diabetes UK, Great Ormond St Hospital, Hertfordshire Children’s Fund, Herts and Essex Air Ambulance, Herts In Trust, Herts Jazz Festival, Herts Multiple Sclerosis Centre, Home Start, Hospice of St Francis, Isabel Hospice, Keech Hospice, Living the Dream, Michael Green Foundation type 2 diabetes, Mudlarks Garden, Rennie Grove Hospice Care, St Albans Museums, St Albans NCT and The Fire Fighters Charity.